Find a Justice of the Peace
If you need the services of a Victorian Justice of the Peace, you can enter
- part or all of the name of a suburb, or
- a postcode, or
- an adjacent locality if no JP can be found by Suburb or Postcode
Many honorary justices (JP’s & BJ’s) who are volunteers are available at Document Signing Stations (DSS) where no appointment is required for processing a reasonable number of documents. If you have a large number of documents requiring attention, then organizing an appointment with an individual JP is highly recommended. Contact details to organise an appointment with a JP can be found by using the search function below. A quick way to find this page is by typing www.findajp.com.au in your favourite internet browser.
To assist in preparing for your visit to an honorary justice, you may find watching the videos below helpful in ensuring you have everything prepared to enable your documents to be signed by the honorary justice.
MAKE YOUR VISIT TO A JP QUICK AND EASY
* Check that a JP can complete your documentation
* Remember to take the original and copy to be certified
* Take photo identification just in case
* Do not sign anything beforehand
* There is no charge for JP services
* << Check out the full checklist here >>
If you are a JP and a member of RVAHJ, you may change your details online in the members’ area. If you are not a member of RVAHJ and you would like to join please contact our administrator. JPs are also available at many police stations and community centres across the state. Click here for your nearest signing centre.
Thank you to RVAHJ Training Team and the Honorary Justice Office for producing and making available the videos below.