Find a Justice of the Peace


If you need the services of a Victorian Justice of the Peace, you can enter

  • part or all of the name of a suburb, or
  • a postcode, or
  • an adjacent locality if no JP can be found by Suburb or Postcode

Many honorary justices (JP’s & BJ’s) who are volunteers are available at Document Signing Centres (DSC) where no appointment is required for processing a reasonable number of documents. If you have a large number of documents requiring attention, then organizing an appointment with an individual JP is highly recommended.
Please be considerate of the times you call or make contact, we recommend best after 8.30am and before 5.30pm on weekdays.

Contact details to organise an appointment with a JP can be found by using the search function below. A quick way to find this page is by typing in your favourite internet browser.

Interactive Forms

The following interactive resources are provided for those in need. The interactive layout of the forms makes it easier to identify where to place information and fill it out as needed. The forms below are Statutory Declaration, plus Certificate Page for Exhibits; Affidavit plus Certificate Page for Annexures and Commonwealth Stat Dec form.

Statutory Declaration Form -1 Page <Download Right Click Here>
Statutory Declaration Form – 2 Pages <Download Right Click Here>
Certificate Sheet – Exhibit – 1 Page <Download Right Click Here>

Affidavit Form -1 Page <Download Right Click Here>
Affidavit Form – 2 Pages <Download Right Click Here>
Certificate Sheet – Annexure – 1 Page <Download Right Click Here>

Statutory Declaration Form -not known person for 12 months <Download Right Click Here> (Non interactive form only)

Commonwealth Statutory Declaration Form -1 Page <Download Right Click Here>

To assist in preparing for your visit to an honorary justice, you may find watching the videos below helpful in ensuring you have everything prepared to enable your documents to be signed by the honorary justice.

* Check that a JP can complete your documentation
* Remember to take the original and copy to be certified
* Take photo identification just in case
* Do not sign anything beforehand
* There is no charge for JP services
* << Check out the full checklist here >>

If you are a JP and a member of RVAHJ, you may change your details online in the members’ area. If you are not a member of RVAHJ and you would like to join please contact our administrator. JPs are also available at many police stations and community centres across the state. Click here for your nearest signing centre.

Thank you to RVAHJ Training Team and the Honorary Justice Office for producing and making available the videos below.

Skip to content